NHS Central Operations Mersey (COM) is a primary care agency hosted by Liverpool PCT (Primary Care Trust). It was set up in 1995 to provide a support service to the PCTs across Merseyside.
COM is jointly funded and provides core services to NHS Wirral, NHS Sefton, Halton & St Helens PCT, Knowsley PCT and Liverpool PCT.
Halton & St Helens PCT
Working across several Trusts enables us to ensure best practice is adopted and helps focus our specialist role. At the same time we aim to provide a cost effective and efficient service.
Our Core Services are:
- Patient Registrations - to manage the process of patient registration with a GP practice;
- Medical Records - the transfer, retrieval and archiving of Medical Records;
- Screening Services - to ensure that all eligible women receive cervical and breast screening;
- Direct and Indirect Payments - to make direct and in-direct payments to GPs, dentists, pharmacists and opticians;
- Probity and Performance - to validate and check financial claims made by GPs, dentists, pharmacists and opticians;
- Support Services - to provide a secure and confidential supplies and delivery service;
- Information Analysis and Data Quality – to ensure data held on our systems is accurate and allow precise payments to be made to GPs;
- The management of performer lists (dentists, GPs, optometrists and pharmacists) including the registration and maintenance of all Primary Health Care professionals contracts in accordance with the NHS Statutory regulatory requirements.